Thank you for trusting Gentle Canine LLC to help you with your dog. We know that by the time you decided you needed a dog trainer you were nearing your limits in frustration or were tired of listening or reading conflicting view points on what to do next.
We understand that frustration and you can trust that we will handle both you and your dog with professionalism, respect, and care. We will be patient and understanding, and we will get you back on track.
By the time you read this we have most likely spoken on the phone or chatted through email (if we haven’t call us to set up an appointment). After you read through and fill out the form below we will have a good amount of information to get us started.
If you find questions on the form that do not apply to you, but still require an answer just fill in with N/A. If there is a drop down menu that doesn’t apply, simply pick an answer. You can clarify anything at the bottom of the form. This form covers multiple behavior clients so it may seem like parts of it do not apply to your dog.
Here are the steps to prepare for our first meeting:
1. Here are five links. Each link is a PDF download. The first PDF is a Welcome Letter which describes what to expect at our meeting. Your only requirement is to read that PDF. Download PDF One
2. The second PDF is FAQ’s (frequently asked questions). The questions were derived from frequent client questions. If you have anything to add, please let us know! Download PDF Two
3. The third PDF is Principals of Positive Training. This describes in detail how reinforcement training works. The take home message here is that reinforcement is not about “good” vs “bad”. Barking can be reinforced, so can growling and even biting. Download PDF Three
4. The fourth PDF is called Client Information Form. This form is the same form as the form at the bottom of this page. This is just for your reference, or in case you are unable to fill out the online version. Gentle Canine LLC only needs one completed version. The online version is preferred. Please allow about 20 minutes to fill out this form. Download PDF Four
5. The fifth PDF is called Private Lessons Contract. This form is also included in the form at the bottom of the page. You do not need to bring this with you it is for your reference only. Download PDF Five
We have one strict policy during home training visits. Your dog(s) must be contained either on leash, in another room, crated, or outside when the trainer comes to the lessons. The trainer will tell you when it is acceptable to allow your dog(s) off confinement. This if for everyone’s safety. Thanks!
Below is the Online Client Information Form. All questions must have an answer. If you do not have or know the answer just type I don’t know or N/A. Fill the form out to the best of your ability. We realize that you may not know answers to questions if the dog is new to your family.
If you have more than one dog — fill out the form below this paragraph ONLY for the dog you are MOST concerned about. You will have a chance to talk to us about other problems with other dogs in your family.